Aquaculture & algae
Surface water quality in ponds, water depots, canals, rivers and lakes is influenced by the influx of contaminants from human discharge, agriculture, industry and animal life in and on the water.
Fertilization in agriculture or on golf courses, discharge of treated or untreated sewage, industrial chemical discharge or even an overload of excrement from water birds and even fish will seriously affect the water quality of the receiving waterbody. This can lead to algae blooms (eutrophication) of green and blue algae and even lead to the complete starvation of the aquatic life (distrophication).
QM Environmental International offers several solutions which can be utilized to handle these emissions and restore the water quality.
QM Environmental International solutions comprise:
- MicroCat-AL3/ALN, microbial formulations for the control of algae growth.
- MicroCat-ALF3/ALSH, microbial formulations for commercial fish and shrimp farms to improve water quality and increase fish production.
- MicroCat-PC, microbial formulation for aquaria and ponds for algae control.
- MicroCat-HX, microbial formulation in combination with powdered activated carbon to reduce toxicity from hazardous chemicals spilled into surface waters.
- MicroCat-XRT, microbial formulation to biodegrade oil films spilled on surface waters.
- QM-BioDredge, a combination of naturally occurring aerobic and facultative anaerobic bacteria in combination with mineral carriers for reducing mud levels in ponds and lakes.
Our solutions are used in:
- Ornamental (fish) ponds in gardens and parks
- Recreational fishing ponds
- Industrial fish farms
- Canals, Lakes and Rivers
QM Environmental International solutions assist in:
- More rapid, efficient breakdown of animal waste materials
- Enhanced ammonia, nitrite and nitrate stability
- Reduction in disease among livestock
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Limited exposure to environmental liability
- Controlled algae growth
More than a product
At QM Environmental International, we’re focused on producing results, not just selling product. We aim to solve the root problem behind waste processing problems, not simply treat symptoms. Thus, we only deploy our solutions after a site investigation by our team of seasoned professionals.
As a result our solutions are able to achieve:
- Maintaining clear water in ornamental aquaria and ponds in gardens, golf courses and parks.
- Optimizing fish production in industrial/commercial fish and shrimp farming operations.
- Control of oil and chemical spills.